Welcome to Development Business, the official United Nations website for consulting, contracting and export opportunities worldwide.
What we do:
Everyday we receive, process and publish dozens of procurement notices and contract awards coming in from our partners at the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the African Development Bank, the Islamic Development Bank, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, national governments, the United Nations’ agencies and more.
Since 1978, our mission has been to provide you with the tools you need to successfully bid on international contracts.
Our database is updated in real time, hundreds of times throughout the day, with procurement notices, operational summaries, contract awards, events listings and procurement news.
Why should I subscribe to Development Business?
• Gain immediate access to the latest tenders for worldwide projects
• Rely on official information on global business opportunities and projects in the pipeline
• Become part of the global network and bid for contracts in over 160 countries and 40 business
• Expand your business overseas
• Track your competition and find sub-contracting opportunities
Development Business is now in its fourth decade of continuous service. In 2013, we listed over $90 billion worth of projects financed by the world’s leading development banks.
How we do it:
At the core of our website you will find a powerful search engine, ready to help you efficiently identify sales and consulting leads.
Development Business contains three general categories of information sources:
1. Procurement Notices: Each year we publish thousands of procurement notices announcing contracts financed by development banks, UN agencies and governments. We receive each notice directly from our contacts in the banks or agencies.
There are two categories of procurement notices: (i) General Procurement Notices (GPN), and (ii) Specific Procurement Notices (SPN). GPNs alert potential bidders to the overall types of goods and services needed for a project and invite firms to express interest in being placed on lists to receive further announcements. These are followed by SPNs (specific invitations to bid, to prequalify or to submit consulting proposals). SPNs spell out the specific goods, works and services needed for a project, often citing the major requirements for bidding, including how to obtain bidding documents, their cost and the bid deadline date. The addresses and contact information of the executing agencies are listed at the bottom.
2. Development Bank Operational Summaries: The Operational Summaries provide information on hundreds of projects being considered for financing by the following major development banks:
• World Bank
• Inter-American Development Bank
• African Development Bank Group
The listings in the summaries include a brief description of the project, the loan amount and contact information.
3. Contract Awards: These notices provide pertinent information regarding the awarded contracts. help companies and consultants monitor the competition and follow-up on subcontracting opportunities.
In order to view the Contract Awards you need to be a subscriber. After logging in, go to Projects and Tenders and perform an advanced search using the Contract Awards button at the top of the dialogue box.
Do you supply any of the following key sectors?
Projects financed by the major development banks require goods, services and works from a broad range of firms, including:
• Consultancies in diverse fields, including computer training, education, financial management, environmental assessment, public
health, privatization and community planning.
• Manufacturing, wholesale and exporting of almost every type of product, from heavy equipment, machine tools and vehicles to specialized
materials, personal computers, chemical products and pharmaceuticals.
• Engineering and contracting firms with expertise in infrastructure projects (e.g., roads, railways, ports), water delivery and power systems,
telecommunications and industrial plants, among others.
Our Business Directory prominently features businesses that are interested in development work. Advertise your company with us today, and get your company exposed to the thousands of users from the development community who visit our site everyday.
Click here for a full list of sectors:
Health & Nutrition
Private Sector Management
Reconstruction / Rehabilitation
Water Supply / Sanitation